Wednesday 17 February 2010

Filming practice with sound and edit


Card Game


We were given a task to practice filming for our thriller movie. The main prop was a deck of cards, and using our editing and filming skills we made this short practice film. The plot that we came up for this film is about a young man getting into serious trouble with a card game. The use of editing in this film is crucial because it toys with the chronological order of a normal film. We decided to edit this movie in reserve to make it intense and unique, we were motivated by this idea from the movie Memento.The effect of the reverse creates a unique sound which we took advantage of while putting the soundtrack in. In the group I was one of the people who was in charge of making the appropriate soundtrack for this film. From my practice on live studio, I was able to create a soundtrack that heightens the mood of this film. The lighting for this film is something that I regret because I think even though it goes well with the thriller mood, I think it is a bit too dark, and if I could do this project again I would definitely adjust the lighting a bit better.

No comments:

Post a Comment