Monday 8 February 2010

Sound Cut pro





Sound Cut pro tutorial


http://www.apple.com/finalcutstudio/soundtrackpro/



Sound cut pro is a great tool for editing and making sounds for videos. It helps you mix and fix audios in a media file. In movies it is used for creating the soundtrack or sound effects. It has over 5000 royalty free instrumental and sound effects which is incredibly useful for amateur film makers such as students. It has two main modes, the multitrack mode which allows sound effects and instrumental be synchronised into a video. Here we can track the tempo and key the effects. the other mode is the audio editing mode which allows invidual clips to be edited, such as reversing, reverting, or normalising audio files. Sound track pro goes hand in hand with final cut pro, and in my case I had the chance to make a sound track for my practise movie. I found the software quite easy to use as it was straight forward, but I think I need a little bit more practise to be able to create an appropriate sound track for my final piece.



In our practise run we were able to shorten or extend the audio in our video, also add special effects which can contribute to the mood of the movie. As we were creating a thriller movie it is important for us to create the right music to suit the mood.



Here is a screen cap of what I did in the lesson






No comments:

Post a Comment